Rice and Lentil Pilaf
Cookware: Lifetime® 2 Quart Saucepan and Cover
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 tomato
- 1 carrot
- ½ red pepper
- ¼ cup onion (chopped)
- ½ cup green (French) lentils
- ½ cup white rice
- 1¾ cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Seed and fine chop tomatoes.
- Fine dice all other vegetables.
- Sauté vegetables in 2 Quart Saucepan for 5-7 min in olive oil, until fragrant and softened. Add a dash of salt and few grinds of black pepper.
- Add lentils, rice and stock. Cover and cook over medium high heat until vapor seal is formed or cover spins freely.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 25 min or until the liquid is absorbed.
What can I serve with this? This is a great side dish for any roasted meats. Green lentils are high in fiber and manganese, and the rice is “familiar” so you can get fussy eaters to try something new.