Utensils: Lifetime® 1 Qt and Cover
Yield: 1 3/4 cups; serving size: 1/4 cup
- 16 oz. apples – 2 large
- 10 oz. red onion – 1 large
- 2 jalapenos
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 lime leaves (optional)
- 2 Tbl white sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp dried cilantro
- Fine dice apples and onions and add to Lifetime 1 quart saucepan.
- Seed and devein jalapenos add to 1 quart pan (pan will be quite full)
- Add cider vinegar and lime leaves.
- Cover and simmer on med-low heat for two hours – will have reduced about a 1/3.
- Remove lime leaves. Add sugar and spices. Allow to cool and refrigerate prior to serving.
What can I serve with this? This is a wonderful condiment for cheddar cheese quesadillas or as an alternative to tomato salsa with black bean chips.