Yellow Fin Tuna
Cookware:Lifetime® 8" Skillet and Cover
Preparation Time: 10 minutes + 1 hour to marinade
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 Fresno chili
- 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp. black sesame seeds
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lb. tuna steak cut in 4 pieces
- Remove seeds and ribs from chili, chop fine.
- Zest and juice the limes.
- In a glass bowl slightly bigger than the tuna steaks combine chopped chili, lime zest and juice, cloves, ginger, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add tuna steaks to marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once so that all sides are flavored.
- Preheat the Lifetime® 8” skillet on medium heat until a drop of water “dances” on the surface. Remove tuna steaks from marinade and discard liquid.
- Cook tuna steaks over medium heat 3-5 minutes; turn and cook an additional 3-5 minutes or until to desired doneness.
What can I serve with this? A side salad of arugula dressed with extra virgin olive oil, a citrus vinegar and a sprinkle of sea salt complements the flavorful tuna for a light, bright meal.