Asparagus Mushroom Sauté
11 inch / 28 cm Skillet and Cover
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 pound (13 grams) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup sweet bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1 pound (454 grams) fresh asparagus
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in 11-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
Add fresh sliced mushrooms, chopped bell pepper, and chopped onion. Sauté about 2 or 3 minutes or until almost tender. Add asparagus and sauté an additional 2 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir together chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and cornstarch.
Add fresh chopped tarragon leaves and grated lemon peel to skillet. Stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook until sauce boils and coats asparagus.
Salt & pepper to taste.